- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and salt. Mix together.
- Cut in the butter.
- Blend the beaten eggs into the flour. It will form a soft dough. Set the bowl aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the remaining tablespoon of brown sugar in the water and the corn syrup. Dissolve the sugar. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled syrup, dough, chocolate chips and 1 cup macadamia nuts. Mix together.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. It will be firm to touch.
- Cut into 8 portions to serve.