Location: Rose and Crown – Epcot– Walt Disney World
Ingredients Short Dough:
- ½ pound unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/3 cups pastry flour, sifted
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
Ingredients Meringue Topping:
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
Instructions Short Dough:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Beat in the eggs. Mix really well.
- Stir in the four. Do not over mix.
- Wrap the dough and place in the refrigerator to chill for 3 to 4 hours.
Instructions Lemon Filling:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lemon juice, sugar, and butter. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the eggs. Make sure to whisk continuously or the eggs could scramble.
Instructions Meringue Topping:
- In a double boiler, whipping continuously and heat the sugar and egg whites. Whisk for the eggs do not cook.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, place the sugar mixture and whisk on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 10-inch tart pan that is 1 ½ inch high and place dough over the bottom and sides.
- Pour in the lemon filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Bake until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Place the meringue topping in a piping bag or large ziplock bag with the corner cut off. Pipe the meringue topping over the cooled lemon tart.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.