Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 years
• 5 cups milk
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 1/3 cup basmati rice
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ½ teaspoon crushed saffron threads
• ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
• 1 cup mango, 1/4 –inch diced pieces
• ½ cup toasted slivered almonds, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring milk and coconut milk to a boil. Making sure to stir.
2. Lower the heat to low and add the rice. Cook until the rice is soft. The liquid will become thick and creamy. This should take about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the sugar, cardamom, saffron, coconut, and mango. Stir well.
4. Place the pudding in a large bowl to cool.
5. Cover with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic is touching the pudding.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. Garnish with the almond slivers.