- 2/3 cup water
- 4 green tea bags
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan, bring the water to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Into the saucepan, add the green tea bags. Let the tea bags steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and make sure to squeeze the liquid out of the tea bags.
- Place back on the heat, let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. The liquid will reduce by half. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the half-and-half and sugar. Stir really well.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks are form.
- Fold the whipping cream into the green tea mixture.
- Place in an ice cream maker and follow the directions on your ice cream machine.