Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Recipes & Stories celebrating 20 years (Cookbook)
• 1 cup white sugar
• ¼ cup water
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweeten condensed milk
• 1 cup whole milk
• 2 eggs
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 tsp vanilla Extract
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. You don’t want to stir the mixture. Just gently swirl the pan. Cook for 6-10 minutes. The syrup will turn deep amber.
2. Pour the caramel into an 8-inch round metal pan. Make sure to tilt the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Place the pan aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. Grease the sides of the pan with the caramel.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the caramel.
5. Place the pan in a 9x13inch baking dish. Fill the baking dish with 1/3 water.
6. Bake the dish for 1 hour. Carefully remove the flan from the outside baking dish and let cook for 1 hour on a wire rack.
7. Once cool, cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve, use a knife to cut around the edge and fill it over on a serving plate.