- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Dulce de Leche Cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Butter an 8-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes thick and pale.
- Doing so in three batches, fold the sifted flour into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, stir together the Dulce de Leche Cream, coconut milk, and whole milk. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place the pan aside to cool.
- Cut the cooled cake in 1-inch squares.
- Place cake square in ramekins. One cake in each ramekin.
- Pour the warm cream over each cake square.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for at least two hours.
- Serve the cakes chilled.