- 1 pound plain or all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups castor sugar
- 1 ¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 egg yolks (save whites for basting)
- ½ cup of liquid Italian espresso coffee
- ½ tablespoon of instant coffee powder
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the flour, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and yolks.
- Mix in the coffee and coffee powder.
- On a clean and floured surface, knead the dough.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Create 1-2-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush each cookie with egg whites.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.