- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
Ingredients White-chocolate truffle:
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- In a double boiler over medium-low, melt the butter.
- Mix in the chocolate chip. Cook until they are melted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl, combine four eggs, four yolks, and Grand Marnier. Mix together well.
- Whisk the egg mixture with the chocolate mixture. Whisk well and chill. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Grease and flour 5 5-ounce ramekins.
- Fill each ramekin 1/3 of the way with the chilled chocolate mixture.
- Top with a rounded tablespoon of the truffle mixture.
- Fill the rest of the way with more chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 15-20 minutes.
- Then invert the ramekins on a plate. It’s easiest to run a knife around the edges first to loosen the cake.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and garnish with raspberries or ice cream.
Instructions for Truffle mixture:
- Melt white chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.