Ingredients Chocolate Mousse with Smoked Paprika:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoon sugar divided
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Ingredients Orange Zest Cake:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Zest of one orange
Ingredients Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Instructions Chocolate Mousse with Smoked Paprika:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the egg yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar and 3/4 cup heavy cream. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Whisk in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Strain into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Fold in the chocolate, vanilla, and paprika. Cover and place back in the refrigerator to chill.
- With parchment paper, cover a half-sheet pan (13×18 with edges).
- Mix batter according to the package.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Pour and spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. It is ready when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Allow cooling.
Instructions Simple Syrup:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and bring the mixture to the boil. Once boiling, low heat to medium and allow to chill completely.
- Drizzle the simple syrup over the cake.
- Cut the cake to fit into your dessert bowl.
- Place a layer of mousse, then cake, then mousse in each bowl or cup.