- 1 pound chocolate disks
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- In a saucepan, heat the cream but do not scold.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the chocolate coins. Stir until smooth.
Ingredients Chocolate Mousse:
- 4 1/2 ounces powdered sugar
- 1/2 quart whipping cream (whipped)
- 7 fluid ounces egg yolk
- 12 ounces chocolate coins
Instructions Chocolate Mousse:
- In a large bowl, whip the egg and sugar. Whip until light and fluffy.
- In a double-boiler, melt in the chocolate. Stir constantly while melting.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/egg mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Ingredients Whiskey Syrup:
- 3/4 quart water
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 6 ounces Canadian Club Whiskey.
Instructions Whiskey Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar.
- Boil until the sugar is dissolved. Stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Whiskey.
- 1 Cake
- 24 ounces chocolate mousse batch (recipe below)
- 6 ounces ganache (recipe below)
- 8 ounces whiskey syrup (recipe below)
- Cut the cake into three layers.
- Place one layer of cake on the serving tray. Drizzle whiskey syrup over the cake. Cover in a layer with chocolate mousse. Next place cake, then syrup, then mousse. Place the final cake on top.
- Cover the cake with mousse and decorate with the ganache.