Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ingredients Cinnamon Smear:
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Ingredients Sweet Cinnamon Dough:
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Cinnamon Smear:
1. In a medium bowl, cream the margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Add one egg at a time. Making sure to scrape down the bowl after every egg. Mix well.
3. Place in refrigerator to chill.
Instructions for Sweet Cinnamon Dough:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk to 90-95 degrees F. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the cake yeast until fully dissolved. Place aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs, and flour. Beat until smooth.
3. Into the butter mixture, add the yeast mixture and stir until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
4. On a clean and floured surface, knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Grease a 12-inch cake pan. You can also use a 9 x 13-inch pan.
6. Punch down the dough. Knead it for a little and roll out the dough into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
7. Spread cinnamon smear over the dough.
8. Starting on the 15-inch long side, rill the dough. Pinch the end.
9. Cut into 1-inch slices, quarter each slice and place pieces together in the pan.
10. Cover the dough and place in a warm place. Allow the dough to double in size for 45 minutes.
11. Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 30 minutes. They will become golden brown.
Instructions for Icing:
1. In a medium bowl, mix the milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla together. It will become smooth.
2. Drizzle over the warm buns.