- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces coffee
Ingredients Chocolate Cake:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 up boiling water
- Confectioners’ sugar
Bailey’s Whipped Cream:
- 5 oz. Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Whisk together well.
- Doing so slowly, whisk in the milk. The mixture will become smooth.
- Doing so slowly, whisk in the half-and-half. The mixture will become smooth.
- Into a saucepan, strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Whisk continuously. Should take about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coffee, bittersweet chocolate and vanilla. Stir really well.
Instructions Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a Sheet Pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir together well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Stir together well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Use a ring mold to cut with.
Instructions Bailey’s Whipped Cream:
- In a large bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold in the Bailey’s.
- In a serving dish, place a layer of chocolate cake.
- Top with a layer of custard over the chocolate cake.
- Top with a layer of Bailey’s whipped cream over the custard.
- Repeat each layer.