Location: Flurry of Fun – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Walt Disney World
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ½ cup diced candied orange peel
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup diced candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons rum
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients Vanilla Sugar:
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, water, and yeast. Mix together.
- At room temperature, let rest for one hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the candied orange peel, golden raisins, candied cherries, and rum. Mix together.
- At room temperature, let rest for 1 hour. The rum will be absorbed.
- Stir in the almonds.
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine the sponge, all-purpose flour, softened butter, dry milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Knead until soft and shiny dough.
- Add in the soaked fruit mixture (include the liquid). Knead until combined.
- Cover the dough. Place in a warm place. Let rest for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Place parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- On a clean and floured surface, cut the dough into 48 pieces ½ inch by 1 ½ inch. You might have to roll the pieces a little bit to get the dimensions. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. They will become puffy.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They will become golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Instructions Vanilla Sugar:
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Mix together well.
- Set the bowl aside.
- Cover the baked fruit bites in melted butter and roll in the vanilla sugar.
- Dust the ball with the powdered sugar before serving.
- Serve right away.