Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ingredients Chocolate-Hazelnut Tarts:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs, divided
- 10 tablespoons water
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
Instructions Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of salt, butter, coconut oil, and 2 of the eggs. Mix until combined on medium speed.
- On speed one, add the water. Without over mixing, increase speed until the dough is smooth.
- Separate the dough into two equal balls, and wrap in some plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining egg and ¼ teaspoon. Mix together and set aside.
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, roll a ball of dough to a ¼-inch thick rectangle.
- Cut the square into eight 2-by6-inch rectangles.
- Place the pieces on the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut over each the rectangles.
- Roll out the remaining dough to another ¼ inch thick rectangle. Cut it into eight 2-by 6-inch rectangles.
- Place each of the rectangles from the second dough ball over a piece with hazelnut.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Bake for 17 minutes. Bake until they are golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Slowly add more milk until the icing is smooth. It will spread easily but it will not be runny.
- Over the cooled tarts, spread the icing.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over the iced tarts.