- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 21 ounce can of apple pie filling
- Make the cupcakes as per the directions on the box. Bake and let cool completely
- Cut a quarter size hole in the top of the cooled cupcakes. Cut about 1/2 inch deep. Remove the “hole” in one piece. Save for later. I like to make it a triangle shape.
- Fill the center of each cupcake with apple pie filling.
- Place the removed piece of the cupcake back on top of the cupcake upside down. The flat side of the cut out against the apple filling.
- Place the cupcakes aside as you prepare the frosting and the streusel.
Ingredients Apple Cinnamon Streusel:
- 2 packets of Apple-Cinnamon instant oatmeal (single serving packets)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Instructions Apple Cinnamon Streusel:
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar. Mix together.
- To the oatmeal mixture, add the melted butter and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. It will become golden brown. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool, break the pieces into small pieces.
Ingredients Caramel Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons caramel sundae syrup
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
Instructions Caramel Buttercream Frosting:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, vegetable shortening, vanilla, and caramel syrup. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/3 of the milk and mix.
- Add 1/3 of the sugar and mix.
- Continue alternating between the milk and sugar until complete. If the frosting is too thick/thin, add more milk or sugar to thin/thicken it out.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with the corner cut off.
To Assemble the Cupcake:
- Starting on the edge of the cupcake, pipe the frosting around the edge and moving upwards with every turn towards the middle.
- Using your hands, press the cooled streusel into the edges of the cupcake.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.
2 thoughts on “Apple Pie Cupcakes”
Ooooh these sound delicious. I love all things apple
I’ve made these a bunch and they are always so impressive!