Disney Park Recipe:
Location: The Hollywood Brown Derby – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Walt Disney World
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ingredients Amaretto Flan:
- 1 extra large egg
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
Ingredients White Chocolate Whip:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Ingredients For Serving:
- 6 Amaretti Cookies
Instructions Amaretto Flan:
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the egg, egg yolks, and sugar. Mix on low for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, scald the heavy cream over medium heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. You do not want it to boil.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk continuously or the eggs will scramble.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and Amaretto.
- Place 2/3 cup of the mixture into six 6-ounce ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking pan. Fill the baking halfway with boiling water.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Bake until set but not firm.
- Remove the flans from the oven and remove from water. Let cool for 4 hours. Cool until room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator for 8 hours. The Flan will become firm.
Instructions White Chocolate Whip:
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream until boiling. Heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips. Whisk the mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- Place in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream and the white chocolate in a bowl. Whip on high for 3 minutes. Beat until soft peaks are formed.
- Place two 2 tablespoons of the white chocolate whip on each flan.
- Serve with amaretto cookie.