Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Adapted from Disney Parks Blog
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cup mini marshmallows
- 5 ounces Rice Krispy’s cereal
- 1 package of orange candy melts (you can also your white candy melts with some orange food coloring mixed in)
- Milk Chocolate chips or 1 package of brown candy melts.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and mini marshmallows.
- In a large bowl, place the Rice Krispy’s cereal.
- Fold the melted marshmallow mixture into the cereal treats. If you do this by hand, cover your hands with oil first or you will have a very hard time getting it off later.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture over the baking sheet. It’s helpful to place a piece of parchment paper over the mixture and use a rolling pin to even it out. You want the mixture to be 3/4 of an inch. It needs to be thick enough. Don’t go any thinner than that or you will have trouble placing the stick in it.
- Place in a freezer until completely cool. Don’t skip this step.
- Once cold use a Mickey cutter to cut the shape outs.
- Stick popsicle sticks in the bottom.
Let’s get to a decorating!
- Place a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, place the orange candy melts. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, and stir. Keep microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring until the candy melts are melted.
- Press the top half of Mickey’s head into the candy melt. Make sure to coat the ears and forehead completely. Place the mickey on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with all the Mickey heads.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- In a small bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts the same way you did the orange candy melts.
- Remove the Mickey heads from the refrigerator. Drizzle the chocolate over the orange ears.
- Let cool completely before serving or the chocolate with the spread.