- 1 lb loaf of white bread, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, julienne cut
- 30 oz Coco Lopez cream of coconut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Cream
- Toasted Coconut
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 10x13x3 inch pan.
- Line the bottom with half the bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the julienne apricot and half the coconut. Mix together well.
- Sprinkle the bread with the apricot mixture.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, coconut cream, vanilla, and sugar together. Stir until the sugar melts. Also, the milk is tepid but not hot. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of the milk mixture into the beaten eggs. Make sure to keep whisking because you do not want the eggs to scramble.
- Carefully add the egg mixture into the main cream mixture and whisk really well.
- Ladle the mixture over the bread in the pan. Make sure every piece of bread gets covered in the mixture.
- Cover with the pan with foil and place the pan in a water bath.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes. The bread will become golden brown.
- Garnish with any of the above items and serve warm.