- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on a medium speed, combine the butter and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
2. On a slower speed, gradually add the confectioners’ sugar. Beat until well combined.
3. On a higher speed, add the milk, lemon zest, and juice, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Do not incorporate too much air into the mixture.