Location: Erin Mckenna Bakery NYC – Disney Springs – Walt Disney World
Source: Babycakes by Erin McKenna (Cookbook)
• 2/3 Cup rice milk
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• ¾ cup bob’s mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
• ½ cup cornmeal
• ½ cup corn flour
• 2 tbsps baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp xanthan gum
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ cup coconut oil (Plus more for the pan)
• 1/3 cup agave nectar
• 1/3 cup homemade applesauce or store-bought unsweetened applesauce
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 325F.
2. Lightly grease a 7x4x3-inch loaf pan with oil.
3. In a bowl, combine the rice milk and apple cider vinegar. This will turn into your buttermilk. So place it aside and let it sit.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk together really well.
5. Into the flour mixture, add the oil, agave nectar, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir the mixture really well.
6. Add the buttermilk to the mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be slightly grainy.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
9. Rotate the pan 180 degrees and bake for 12 minutes. The cornbread is reading when a toothpick can be poked into the middle and it will come out dry.
10. Let the cornbread cool for 20 minutes in the pan.
11. To remove the cornbread, use a knife to cut around the edges. Place a cutting board or plate on top of the cornbread. Carefully flip over the cornbread over. You can then remove the pan easily. They flip the cornbread over on another plate. You can serve it warm or cool.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.