Disney Park Recipe:
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp fine sea salt
• 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (whisk to emulsify the solids and liquids)
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ tsp coconut extract
• ½ cup unsalted butter (slightly softened)
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut shavings (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Place paper liners in a 12-cup cupcake pan.
3. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a small bowl, mix the coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut extracts.
6. Change the mixer speed to medium-low speed and mix in half the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Once mixed, mix in half the milk mixture. Once combined, add in the remaining flour, mix, add the remaining milk and mix well.
7. Pour into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 17 to 19 minutes.
8. Let cool on a wire rack.
9. Top with coconut cream cheese frosting and roll the top in the sweetened stresses coconut shavings for garnish.