Location: Portobello Yacht Club – Disney Springs – Walt Disney World
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup Whipping cream
- 3 oz White chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the over to 300F
- Place four 10 oz custard cups on a baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- On low heat, whisk the chopped chocolate into the cream mixture.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk well or the eggs will cook.
- Whisk in the remaining cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Again, whisk well so the eggs don’t cook.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the custard cups.
- Pour hot water into the baking pan halfway up the cups.
- Bake until the custard is set. It will take approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the water and let the custard set. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of sugar over each custard.
- Broil to caramelize the sugar.
- Serve hot or cold.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.