• 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp fine sea salt
• 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
• ¾ cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup buttermilk (shaken)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 large carrots, finely grated (1 ¼ cups grated)
• 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place the paper cups in a 12-cup cupcake pan.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high for a few minutes.
5. Reduce the speed on the mixer to low, add half the flour mixture and mix well.
6. Slowly add the carrots and the Walnuts. Mix well.
7. Add the remaining flour and beat well.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 21 to 23 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
10. Top with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and garnish with carrot curls.