Disney Park Recipe:
Source: www. disboards.com
- 1 quantity Sweet Pastry
- 2 1/2 cups of pouring cream
- 2 tbsp. Baileys
- 6 Large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. It will become light and fluffy.
- Mix the eggs.
- Mix in the flour.
- Wrap the mixture in plastic wrap and allow to rest for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 9 inch loose bottomed flan ring and line with the sweet pastry.
- Place parchment paper over the pastry and fill with baking beeds or chickpeas.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans or baking beans and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with beaten egg whites. Bake for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and baileys together. Bring to a boi.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Place a little bit of the cream mixture into the egg yolks and whisk really well. Keep whisking so the eggs don’t cook.
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan. Again keep whisking or the eggs will quickly cook. Cool until the froth settles.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Place in the refrigetor to set.
- Dust with caster sugar.
- Use a blowtorch to lightly glaze the top.