Vanilla pound cake mix
Chocolate Pound cake
Non-Stick cooking spray
red food dye
1. Grease a loaf pan. You can either do this with non-stick cooking spray or with butter and flour.
2. Slice the chocolate pound cake into 1 inch thick slices. Place the Mickey cookie cutter in the center and cut a Mickey shape out of the cake.
3. Line up the Mickey head in the center of the pan lengthwise. You want to match up the ears with the ears and the face with other faces.
4. Pour vanilla pound cake batter over Mickey’s heads. Makes sure the batter goes all the way to the bottom. I would actually recommend laying a layer of vanilla batter on the bottom before placing the Mickey heads to make things easier but that’s your choice. Make sure to cover all the Mickeys with the batter.
5. Tap the loaf pan on the counter a few times to help the batter sink into any spaces. You might need to add more batter at this point. I had too.
6. Bake the cake according to your vanilla pound cake recipe. This usually means 1 hour. Bake until golden brown.
7. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Remove from the loaf pan and place on a plate.
9. Mix the red food dye into the vanilla icing.
10. Ice the top of the cooled cake with the now red icing.
11. Sprinkle red sprinkles on top.