- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate (morsels are fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Hersey’s Hug Chocolates
- Confectioners’ sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place cupcake liners in the muffin tray.
3. Place an inch of simmering water in a saucepan. Place a heat-proof bowl over the saucepan. Place the chocolate and butter. Melt the mixture while stirring. Remove from the heat.
4. Whisk the sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
5. Whisk in one egg at a time.
6. Add the flour and salt to the bowl. Whisk well. Do not over mix.
7.Place into each muffin cup at 2 tablespoons of batter. Place a Hersey Kiss in the middle. Cover in the remaining batter.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Like most cakes, the cake is finished when a toothpick can be inserted into the cupcake and comes out clean. Obviously, in this case, avoid the chocolate.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
10. Create a lamp stencil out of paper. Use cardboard for the best results.
11. Place the stencil over the cupcake and sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the stencil.
12. Remove the stencil and it will the lamp shape over the cupcake.