Disney Park Recipe:
Source: OSD test labs
- Nestle Vanilla Ice Cream
- Hardening Chocolate
- Cover a large baking sheet or cake pan (with high sides) with plastic wrap. Try to eliminate any wrinkles. Smooth is the best for a good result.
- Let the ice cream slightly melt and pour into prepared pan. Smooth the ice cream in the pan. The ice cream should be 1 inch thick.
- Place in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Cover a baking sheet with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer. Quickly use a large Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut out Mickey-shaped heads. Once all the Mickeys are cut, place back in the freezer until frozen solid again.
- Remove from the freezer and place popsicle sticks into the bottom of the heads. Place back in the freezer.
- Working quickly now, in a bowl pour the hardening chocolate. Remove one Mickey at a time from the freezer. Dip completely into the chocolate coating all sides. Hold the Mickey Bar until hardened. Once hard, place back into the freezer until ready to eat. Quickly do this for all Mickey’s heads.
Note: It is helpful to have some aid you in the final step. They can hold the hardening Mickeys while you dip Mickey’s heads. This way the ice cream will not melt during the process.
Note 2: It is cheaper to use regular or chocolate candy melts but it will not harden the same way as the park ice cream.