Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Disney Parks Blog
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant pectin
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 (17.3-ounce) boxes (6 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and instant pectin.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree just until combined. Place in the refrigerator.
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, place the puff pastry. Sprinkle flour over the pastry and lightly roll the pastry to smooth it out.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the puffed pastry leaving 1/4-inch from the edges.
- Roll out a second puff pastry. Place the second puff pastry over the first one and the pumpkin mixture. Carefully press down. Repeat with the process two more times with the filling and the remaining puff pastry. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coarse sugar and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- One pastry at a time, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips.
- Place the strips on the baking sheet 1/2 inch apart.
- Twist each strip three times and lay back flat.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Use a pastry brush to brush each egg with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat the process with remaining puff pastry.
Note: You can make your own pumpkin spice but combining 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 2 teaspoons ground ginger and 1 teaspoon ground allspice.