• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp fine sea salt
• ¼ cup whole hulled fresh strawberries
• ¼ cup whole milk (room temperature)
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 large egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Place paper cups in a 12-cup cupcake pan.
3. In a food processor, puree the strawberries. The should be smooth. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
6. On a medium-low speed, add egg and egg whites on at a time. Mix well between each addition.
7. Add half the flour and mix well. Add half the milk and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix. Add the remaining milk and mix until everything is combined.
8. Divide into the cupcake pan.
9. Bake for 21 to 23 minutes.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
11. Frost with the strawberry frosting.