Location: Napa Rose – Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – Disneyland Resort
Source: Kitchen Magic with Mickey Cookbook
Ingredients Orange Pound Cake:
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp. orange zest
• 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tbsp. baking powder
• ¼ cup heavy cream
Ingredients Honey-Poached Pears:
• 3 cups white wine
• 1 ½ cups honey
• 3 firm but ripe pears, peeled, halved, and cored
Ingredients Dried Fruit Compote:
• 1 Granny Smith apple
• 2 cups dried apricots
• ½ cup honey
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup white wine
Ingredients Apricot Sauce:
• 1 (7-ounce) package dried apricots (about 2 cups)
• ½ cup white wine
• ½ cup orange juice
• ½ cup water
• ¼ cup sugar
Instructions Orange Pound Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. It will become light and fluffy.
4. One at a time, add the eggs and mix well after each egg. Scrap down the bowl after each egg.
5. Add the vanilla extract and the orange zest and mix until well combined.
6. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
7. To the butter mixture, add half the flour mixture, mix well, add half the cream mixture, mix well, and add the remaining flour, mix, and the remaining cream. Mix well and scrape down the sides of the bowl after every addition.
8. Place the batter in the loaf pan.
9. Bake for 1 hour. Bake under golden brown.
10. Let cool completely before continuing.
Instructions Honey-poached pears:
1. In a large saucepan, mix together the wine and honey and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a medium-low and let simmer until the mixture is golden in color and has slightly thickened.
2. Add the pears rounded side down and cover the pan. Let the pears simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Instructions for dried fruit compote:
1. Chop apricots into ¼ inch pieces and place to the side.
2. Chop the peeled apple and chop it into 1/4inch size pieces. Set them aside as well.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook the honey for about 2 minutes until it is melted.
4. Add the fruit into the saucepan and cook for 4 minutes. Stir well.
5. Add the wine and cook for 5-8 minutes until the fruit has softened and the mixture becomes thick.
Instructions Apricot Sauce:
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the apricots, white wine, orange juice, water and sugar. Let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.
2. Let the mixture to cool for 5 minutes and then place in a blender. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
3. Into a medium bowl, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. You can discard any solids you can’t get through the sieve.
1. Slice the cake into 8 slices.
2. Lay a piece of cake on each plate. Top the cake with a honey-poached pear half.
3. Place dried fruit compote over the pear and drizzle apricot sauce over that.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.