- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Ingredients Fudge Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces sweet dark chocolate, finely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x13x2-inch with parchment paper. Grease the sides and set the pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sifted flour, eggs, and macadamia nuts.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, butter, and chocolate. Stir constantly for 5 to7 minutes. The chocolate and the butter will melt. The mixture will become smooth.
- Add the macadamia nut mixture to the saucepan. Do not over mix the mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Invert on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cooled brownies with the fudge topping.
- Sprinkle with more macadamia nuts.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, place the heavy cream.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Lower the heat and add in the chocolate. The chocolate will melt and the mixture will be smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool and thicken.