Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
- 1 1/2 ounces almond paste
- 1/4 cup almond-based liqueur
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Mint leaves, fresh
- Chocolate shaved
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond-based liqueur, egg yolks, sugar, and almond paste. By hand, mix together until well blended. Set the bowl aside.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, mix together the half-and-half and chopped chocolate.
- When the chocolate is just melted, sift in the cocoa powder and mix. Bring the mixture a simmer by increasing the heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix a little bit of the egg mixture and the chocolate mixture together. Continue until both mixtures are completely mixed together.
- Pour the mixture back into the double boiler and cook for 3-5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil. The mixture will be creamy.
- Remove the top of the double boiler and place it in an ice bath. Stir until the mixture is completely cool.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture carefully.
- Fill champagne glasses with the mouse.
- Place glasses in the fridge to firm.
- In a small bowl, whip some additional whipped cream.
- Top glasses with whipped cream, mint leaves, and shaved chocolate.