Source: Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs
Ingredients Creme Fraiche Panna Cotta:
- 2 teaspoons granulated gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split down the middle
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus tablespoons creme fraiche
Ingredients Olive Oil Madeleines:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions Creme Fraiche Panna Cotta:
- In a small bowl, place the water. Add the gelatin, stir and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, scrape the seeds from vanilla bean. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, heavy cream, and sugar until it starts to steam. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Add the vanilla bean and seeds and let steam for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin and stir to dissolve. Let cool completely.
- Whisk in the creme fraiche.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour strained mixture into 6 (1/2 cup) ramekins. Make sure to leave 1/4 at the top of each ramekin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until they are firm.
Instructions Lemon Olive Oil Madeleines:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk them until they are pale and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Combine with the egg mixture and whisk well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Make sure to break down any lumps.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Into a mini-madeleine mold, pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each space.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. They will become golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Remove pannacotta from the refrigerator.
- Evenly spread one teaspoon of Amarena cherries in syrup over each serving.
- Place one madeleine in the top layer of each ramekin.