Location: La Style Marketplace – Food and Wine Festival – Disney’s California Adventure Park – Disneyland
Source: Disney Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook by Pam Brandon with the Disney Chefs
Ingredients Dark Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package powdered gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
Ingredients: Almond Roca Crumble:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Ingredients Caramel Chocolate Ganache:
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup favorite caramel sauce
- 12 mini-square chocolate tart shells
- Chocolate pearls
- Sea salt
- Chocolate pieces
Instructions Dark Chocolate Mousse:
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, combine the cold water and the gelatin. Set the bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, place the egg yolks.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk.
- To the saucepan, add a small amount of the warm milk and gelatin to the egg yolks. Mix really well.
- Slowly pour the egg yolks into the gelatin and milk mixture.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until the mixture reaches 155F. Making sure to stir consistently.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the melted chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Add a small amount of chocolate mixture to the whipped cream. Mix really well. Add the remaining chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and whip until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours until chilled and set.
Instructions Almond Roca Crumble:
- Place a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Add the butter and almonds. Stir the mixture carefully.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet.
- Let cool for 2 hours.
- Chop the crumble into small pieces.
Instructions Caramel Chocolate Ganache:
- In a medium size bowl, place the chocolate chips.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture.
- Add the caramel sauce and stir well.
- Keep the mixture warm until ready to serve.
- Evenly separate the almond roca crumble between the chocolate tarts.
- Pour the caramel chocolate ganache over the almond roca crumble. Fill to the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the ganache sets.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate mousse to the top center of the tarts.
- Garnish with chocolate pearls, sea salt, and the chocolate pieces. Sprinkle them over the top.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.
2 thoughts on “Milk Chocolate Almond Tart”
Where’s the water measurement for the almond roca crumble?
Hi thanks for the question. 🙂 I just went and checked the official Disney cookbook and those are the only ingredients it lists in the book. For the Almond Roca Crumble it only states 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp light corn syrup, 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1 cup silvered almonds. If there should be a water element, they haven’t listed it. I hope that answers question and I’m understanding it properly. Thanks again.