Ingredients Empanada Dough:
- 14 1/2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 6 1/4 ounces Butter, Unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Ingredients Cajeta and Pineapple Filling:
- 1 14-ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Pineapple, fresh, cleaned, trimmed
- Finely diced Zest of 1 orange
Instructions Empanada Dought:
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture into the flour bowl. Mix the dough for two and a half minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Flatten the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Weigh the dough into 2-ounce portions of dough. Roll the portions into small balls.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out the balls to form 3 inch circles.
Instructions Cajeta and Pineapple Filling:
- In a large pot, place the unopened can and cover with water. Simmer but do not boil. You want the milk to reduce. It should take about 3 hours. If water evaporates, add more water. The can needs to remain under water. Set aside.
- Cut the pineapple into small squares.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add one tablespoon of the Cajeta filling and one tablespoon of pineapple to each circle of dough.
- Fold them in half and crimp the dough to seal all openings.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. They will be golden brown with baked.
- Allow cooling to warm before serving.