Ingredients Coconut Tapioca:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup small tapioca pearls
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
Ingredients Sesame Tuile:
- 3/4 cup dry Florentine mix
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups frozen mango, thawed
Ingredients Matcha Micro Sponge:
- 5 eggs whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup lychee popping dessert pearls
Instructions Coconut Tapioca:
- In a small bowl, combine the water, tapioca pearls and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir and cover. Let rest 2 hours at room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, whole milk, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir them together.
- Strain the liquid from the tapioca pearls add the pearls into the milk mixture.
- Turn heat to high heat, stir for 8-10 minutes. The pearls are tender. You do not want the milk to be absorbed yet.
- Separate the mixture into 8 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place in the refrigerator under ready to serve.
Instructions Sesame Tuile:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also use a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry Florentine mix and sesame seeds.
- Spread the mixture over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes. The mixture will become golden brown.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, place the thawed mango. Puree until smooth.
- Spoon over tapioca-filled ramekins. Place in the refrigerate until ready to serve.
Instructions Matcha Micro Sponge:
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix in the sugar, almond flour, and matcha powder.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the two bowls together.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Microwave until the sponge is set.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Tear into small pieces.
- Place 5 lychee on one side of each ramekin of mango tapioca.
- Place pieces of matcha microsponge on the other side of each of the ramekin.
- Break the sesame tuile into 8 pieces.
- Place one piece on each ramekin between the lychee pearls and the matcha pieces.