Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ingredients Pumpkin Beignets:
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105F)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Ingredients Maple Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Instructions Pumpkin Beignets:
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Stir until it fully dissolved. Let the bowl sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt. Mix together.
- Stir in the yeast mixture. Mix until just combined and smooth. Cover the bowl with a clean towel, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- On a clean and floured surface, pat the dough to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 2-inch squares. Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rest in a warm, draft-free space for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- In a deep heavy pot over medium-high heat, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F.
- Fry the beignets until they are golden brown. It should take about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Using tongs, remove the beignets and let drain on a paper towel covered plate.
Instructions Maple Glaze:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and maple syrup.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar until it is smooth.
- Drizzle the Maple Glaze over the warm beignets.