- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/8 cups shortening
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 ½ cups dark raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Blend together well. Set bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar. It will become light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together well. Set bowl aside.
- Mix in the flour mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Use an ice cream scoop the scoop out balls on the baking sheets. The batter should make about 4 dozen balls.
- Place 6 balls on the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the balls. The balls should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. The cookies will become golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack before serving.