Today I’m super excited to tell you how you can win your very own copy of Eat Like Walt – The Wonderful World of Disney Food by Marcy Carrier Smothers. You’ve heard me talking about it for weeks, and now you can win one. Everyone that I was spoke with about it loves it. Whether you are a history buff, a foodie or a Disney Parks fan, you’ll love owning this book.
Before I tell you how, let’s make a recipe from the book first.
Today we are going to make a recipe from Walt’s home collection: Marshmallow Pudding. I had never had Marshmallow pudding before so I wanted to try it.
I actually made this recipe twice. The first time I made this pudding it turned out like soup. It was like a purchased a carton of milk and poured it into a bowl. I’m not exactly sure what went wrong because the second time I made it it turned out just fine. So I’ll say if it doesn’t work the first time, just try again. Unless you like odd white pudding soup, then slurp away good-looking… slurp away.
- 2 teaspoons Knox gelatin
- ½ cupcold water
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated (save yolks for sauce)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 yolks from separated eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small-medium bowl, combine the cold water and gelatin. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Into the gelatin bowl, stir in the boiling water. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until you have stiff peaks.
- While still beating, slowly add in the gelatin mixture.
- While still beating, slowly add in the sugar.
- Slowly add in the lemon juice. Place the bowl aside.
- Sauce: In a saucepot over medium heat, warm the milk. Do not boil the milk.
- Into the saucepan, mix in the egg yolks and sugar.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir and cook for 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
To serve: Place the pudding in a bowl and top with the sauce. Top with whipped cream (optional).
I honestly don’t know what I feel about this pudding. It’s so light that the mouth feel is off. That’s what people say when they are trying to be fancy foodies. It just means it’s an odd texture in your mouth. It’s like millions of little white vanilla bubbles. Maybe it’s just that I like a thicker pudding like a butterscotch or chocolate. It’s not bad, it’s just interesting. The best way I can describe it is think about the first time you tried Tapioca. When you first put the pudding in your mouth it’s not what you were expecting. Once you have a few spoonfuls you like it though.
I decided to decorate the marshmallow pudding a little bit with a stencil to make it fancy. Stencils are such a fun way to take a dessert that’s a little plain and turn it into something super cute. I used pumpkin spice for the spice but you can use any spice or sprinkle you think will go well with the recipe you are making.
So while you are deciding if Marshmallow Pudding is something you want to try, let me tell you about this Eat Like Walt contest we are running. It’s super easy to enter, and we can wait to give away a copy to the lucky winner.
- Be following us (Oh Sweet Disney Recipes) on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ohsweetdisneyrecipes
- Be following Eat Like Walt on Instagram at www.instagram.com/eatlikewalt
- Tag two friends who would love this book on our post on Instagram for the giveaway. https://instagram.com/p/BwK1gD5HRdN/
This contest is not endorsed, sponsored or in any way connected to/by The Disney Company, Instagram, Eat Like Walt or Marcy Carrier Smothers. Contest begins April 12th, 2019 and closes April 19th, 2019. The winner will be chosen on April 20th, 2019. Contest is open Internationally to people ages 18+. Contest void where prohibited. Prize is one copy of Eat Like Walt – The Wonderful World of Disney Food by Marcy Carrier Smothers which will be given to a random applicate who has complete all entry requirements. To be considered a full entry, entrant must complete all entry requirements.
We wish everyone who enters good luck and can’t wait to see who gets to own a copy of this awesome book.
Good Luck Everyone!