Inspiration: Be Our Guest Restaurant
When my Prince Charming and I were on our Honeymoon in Walt Disney World, Be Our Guest Restaurant had recently opened and you better believe it was the first ADR we booked! And for the following 179 days, all I could think about was ordering the Gray Stuff.
While not all Disney Fans agree on whether or not the version at Be Our Guest lives up to the hype, I love it and it will always remind me of our honeymoon. So I thought it would be fitting to whip it up for our 4th anniversary.
- 1 (3.4 ounces) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 15 regular Oreos
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, separated
- 1-pint whipping cream
- Edible pearl sprinkles
1. Combine all vanilla pudding mix, 3 tablespoons chocolate pudding mix,1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1.5 cups milk in a large bowl. Whisk together, then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, blend Oreos into fine crumbs. Or, place Oreos in a gallon-size zip-top bag and crush into fine crumbs with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer.
3. Fold Oreo crumbs into chilled pudding mixture.
4. Using the whisk attachment of your stand mixer, whip 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together with the whipping cream until peaks form.
5. On low speed, add in the Oreo pudding mixture and whip together until just combined and uniformly “gray”. Do not over whip.
6. Spoon gray stuff into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe into your favorite dessert ware in a swirl pattern. Sprinkle with edible pearls.
7. Chill until ready to serve.