Okay, first of all, let me just say this – YUM!!!!
I don’t normally get to indulge in white chocolate treats since literally every other person in my family just so happen to really, really, dislike white chocolate……and milk chocolate……basically everything other than very dark chocolate! (yuck!)
So, when the opportunity presented itself I grabbed onto it – and came up with this excitingly delicious and surprisingly simple Pixar-themed dessert!
As always, there are a ton of potential modifications just waiting to be uncovered! If you’re after a more detailed Luxo Ball – you could always chill a circle of yellow chocolate to support the strawberry star – or even make a whole 3-D chocolate luxo ball!!!! The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!
Okay, enough with my decorating rant – let’s get onto this recipe!!!
Pixar Blueberry-White Chocolate Mousse
- 300g melted + slightly cooled white chocolate
- ¼ c caster sugar
- 3 eggs (at room temperature0
- 1 tsp blueberry essence
- 500 mL thickened cream
- 2 Tb caster sugar
- blue food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 3 punnets of Strawberries
- 30 mini marshmallows (or sprinkles etc – any kind of decoration you want!)
- piping bag + star-shaped nozzle
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until they are very pale, thick and almost doubled in volume.
- Using a spatula, fold in the blueberry essence, cooled chocolate and a few drops of blue food coloring.
- In a different, large bowl, whip 300mL of the thickened cream until it is stiffened, and then fold this into the original mixture (with a few extra drops of food coloring – if necessary).
- Pour into three glasses and chill int he fridge for a minimum four hours (overnight – if possible)
- Picking the three largest strawberries, carefully slice them longways – to get the largest slice possible. If you have a star-shaped cookie cutter – this will be a lot smoother – otherwise, using a small, sharp knife and a steady hand, cut a small star shape from each strawberry slice.
- Mix together the remainder of the cream and the 2 Tb of sugar, and then whip until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in a few drops of yellow food coloring until you reach the desired color, and then spoon into your piping bag.
- Slice up the remainder of the strawberries, and then layer these atop the set mousse. Pipe a large swirl of yellow cream over the top of this before finally topping with a strawberry star and sprinkling the marshmallows around the swirl.
- Take a ton of adorable pictures with your own Pixar souvenirs – and enjoy!
So this may seem like a pretty complicated recipe – but it’s actually super simple once you get onto it – the trick is remembering to leave yourself enough time for the mousse to set fully – otherwise you’ll end up with Pixar soup (which is probably also quite delicious!)
Don’t forget to share your own mousse creations using the #disneyrecipes on Instagram – we’d love to see what you’ve made!
And remember to check back here soon for more delicious Disney-themed goodies!!!!
2 thoughts on “Pixar Blueberry-White Chocolate Mousse”
These are perfect for a Toy Story marathon party!
That’s such a great idea!