Hi beautiful bakers,
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate this pie being in our lives? How did we ever eat pie before this?
When I saw this recipe on Disney Family I couldn’t wait to try it. I felt I had no choice but to make it. It had to be done. Not like the dishes, vacuuming, or laundry… this was important.
It’s also happened to be from one of my favorite bakeries on Walt Disney World property; Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas’ BoardWalk Bakery. It has some incredible desserts so I knew it would be good. Plus its pie with bacon on it. Bacon on a pie.
With such a long name I thought it was going to need a million ingredients. Sometimes Disney recipes are like that. You think it’s going to be a simple recipe and BAM you have to drive 3 hours out of your way to get something. Or it’s a recipe that you will need to buy 8000 ingredients that are crazy expensive. I like to pick recipes by the “Do I have that in my cabinet already? ” method. I think like most people, I like to save a little money and use ingredients I already have. Otherwise, I get a million half bags of baking items in the kitchen.
Here’s what you will need.
- 3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
- 9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bananas sliced
The official Disney recipe breaks this down into six steps. I’m going to break it down a little more. I like when the steps are simple. I think it’s silly when one step is 86 directions. Um, actually that’s 86 steps girlfriend. Don’t try to trick us. I’ve been watching a lot of RuPaul Drag Race, so it will probably come out in my posts. I think everyone gets sucked into a Netflix marathon adventure every so often.
Let’s make some pie! Correction, Bacon pie!
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and a place a metal rack over that. I recommend using an older baking sheet because the cleanup in a little hard and I would hate for you to ruin a new sheet.
- Place the brown sugar on a plate. Coat each piece of bacon in the brown sugar. I wasn’t sure how well it would stick so I really massaged it into the meat. Then place each piece on the wire rack.
- Bake the bacon for 20 minutes. Remove and let completely cool. After cooked, dice into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, blend together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Blend until it becomes smooth. I was expecting a looser texture but it was still pretty solid. So many dirty jokes are coming to my mind right now. I need to remember this is a family site.
- In another large bowl or stand mixer, whip the whipping cream until you have reached soft peaks. You will know it has reached the right level when you remove the mixer the cream creates a wave-like shape. It is holding its own but the peak is bent over. Insert your joke here…
- Fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture. The official recipe says to fold only but I had to mix a little too. It just wasn’t combining well enough with only folding it.
- Slice the bananas into medium size slices.
- Place half the mixture into the pie shell. Top with bananas and cover with the remaining mixture. Sprinkle the diced bacon pieces on top. Try to evenly spread them over the pie.
- Immediately take a photo of pie for social media and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
Now go out and make this delicious creamy dreamy baby! Bacon pie friends!
(Originally posted December 5th, 2017)
8 thoughts on “Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie”
What?! This seems so easy! My husband would LOVE this pie… I mean… yeah… bacon.
Ya and it was pretty tasty. My only thing is it looks nothing like the picture Disney Parks Blog put up. I mean I think my turned out exactly like they described. It’s literally impossible to follow the directions on their site and get the product they showcased.
Oh boy… bacon makes everything delicious…but this looks amazing!
Bacon really is the Pixie Dust of food 🙂
Every year (for international bacon day) I drum up an amazing menu featuring (you guessed it) bacon. I always struggled to find something outside-the-box for dessert and this recipe will be perfect for this year’s event. Thank you!
It tastes really good but I just have one issue with it. I know I’ve said this before but I found the recipe on the Disney Parks Blog. I know I followed it exactly but it looks nothing like the picture on the site. Theirs is covered in chocolate and the instructions didn’t have any mention of it.
Pass me some bacon because I need this pie in my life! This looks and sounds delicious! Can’t wait to try this!
It’s super simple to make.