Good day bakers,
Today we are supposed to be talking about the Zebra ear Mickey Cereal treats, and we still will later. First something else. When I started this site I really wanted it to be a place where people could bake but also share what they are going through in life. I wanted it to feel like old friends sitting around their kitchen table chatting about life. Sometimes life can be hard and we all need to talk. This is one of those times for me.
I’m currently sitting in the emergency room of a major hospital. Last night my dad was attending a professional football game and was rushed to the hospital. He couldn’t breathe and couldn’t walk all of a sudden. Sounds scary right? It’s weirdly normal in our family. My father has a very serious heart condition. When I say serious I don’t mean he has bad chest pains sometimes. I mean his heart doesn’t pump blood very well and he has something called an LVAD Heartmate 3. It’s a mechanical heart pump that does the job his heart can’t. His version is actually still in the testing period and was paid for by the goodness of the public. People always think a dollar donation can’t make a difference but that 50 cents you donated to a Heart-specific charity saved my dad’s life. Don’t ever think little gestures can’t make a big difference in someone’s life. People’s little gestures literally saved my dad’s life.
My dad is currently sleeping and I’m trying to distract my brain. We may spend more time in hospitals than anywhere else, but it doesn’t make any easier. Not at all.
I know all this isn’ t happy like our normal posts but it’s real life. I want people to know people’s lives aren’t these perfect social media lives. People are going through things and they are not alone. Sometimes it’s just nice to know you aren’t the only one going through something.
Let’s talk about a happier topic and smile a little. Let’s make some Zebra Ear Mickey and Minnie Cereal treats!
What you will need:
Premade Mickey or Minnie cereal treats
1 package of white candy melts
Milk Chocolate chips or 1 package of brown candy melts.
Let’s get to a decorating!
- Place a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, place the white candy melts. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, and stir. Keep microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring until the candy melts are melted.
- Press the top half of Mickey’s head into the candy melt. Make sure to coat the ears and forehead completely. Place the mickey on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with all the Mickey heads.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- In a small bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts the same way you did the white candy melts.
- Remove the Mickey heads from the refrigerator. Drizzle the chocolate over the orange ears.
- Let cool completely before serving or the chocolate will spread.
Remember you can find these in a three pack in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Again the stores are as follows: Island Mercantile, Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures, Discovery Trading Company, Mandala Gifts, Out of the World, Riverside Depot and Zuri’s Sweets Shop
My dad is waking up so I should see how he is feeling. Again I know this wasn’t the most exciting post but just know if you are going through something you are not alone. You are strong enough. It’s just a bad day, it’s not a bad life.
Love you all!