Hello my Disney Beauties… that goes for you too sir!
Are you ready for our next installment of me trying not to burn something? Just kidding, well sort of. My husband says I’m the best cook he knows when I remember to put my phone down and stop Facebooking while I’m cooking.
This recipe I would categorize more as decorating than anything else. You are baking but you are using a cupcake mix to make the cupcakes. I don’t know if that can really count as baking. It’s like finding a table, painting it pink and saying you made it. Well, you may have made it prettier but you didn’t make it.
With that being said these Disney Family cupcakes are perfect for any princess party. Your little ones will love the swirl of all the colors and so will the adults in your life. I brought them to a family function and everyone loved them. They are so much fun.
Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty would 100% stay awake for these cupcakes. There is enough sugar in them to keep anyone awake.
What you will need:
Food Coloring (Blue and Pink)
1. Follow the directions on the cupcake box to create the cupcakes. You can also make them from scratch.
2. Split the cupcake batter into two bowls. Color one bowl pink and one bowl blue.
3. Line a cupcake tray with paper cups.
4. Alternate adding the batter into each cupcake cup. Add a spoonful of pink, then blue, then pink. Continue until each cup is 3/4 full. You always want to leave room for the cupcakes to grow as they bake.
5. Use a spoon to swirl the batter. You do not want to fully mix them together. You want the colors to swirl around each other. Like the colors are hugging each other.
6. Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Let them cool completely before frosting.
7. Color your frosting with pink food dye if it’s not already pink.
8. Place the icing in a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with the corner cut off. Frost the cupcake in a circular fashion until the cupcake is completely covered.
9. Sprinkle with blue sprinkles to decorate the tops.
Super easy right? Now go out there and create your own Aurora cupcakes. Comment below if you are a blue dress or pink dress kind of Disney person. I’m a pink dress lady myself I think.
Happy Baking Everyone!