Hi Happy Bakers,
I love love love the music of Moana. From the first line, I can’t help but sing along. I like to think I’m a fantastic singer, but the reality is… well no one needs to hear that noise I call singing. I hear people talk about these things called tone and pitch but I think they are just rumors.
I was so excited when I saw some Moanna Cupcakes on the Disney Family Recipe site. Plus who doesn’t love cupcakes? Noone, everyone loves cupcakes.
Let’s make a delicious snack.
Yellow Cake Mix Box
Blue Food Coloring
1. Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the vanilla cake mix box. You can also use your own vanilla cake recipe. Making a cake from scratch is so much easier than people think. The recipe says to use a vanilla cake mix box because that’s what Disney says to use. I think it’s just to make it easier.
2. Place the paper cupcake liners in the cupcake pan.
3. Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box.
4. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Ground up your graham crackers until they are as fine as possible. You can either do this by using a food processor or manually. In a large ziplock bag, place the graham crackers and close the bag. Then use a rolling pin to crush the crackers.
Think about them like sand. That’s what they will represent on the cupcake so the graham crackers need to look like it.
(Note: When I originally made these cupcakes I didn’t fully read the instructions. I used brown sugar instead of graham crackers. I’m an idiot and I forgot to take a picture of the new ones when I made them again. So that’s why the picture looks the way it does.)
6. In a small bowl, place 3/4 of the vanilla icing and color it blue. You want the color “ocean blue”. You can see what we are going for with this cupcake. You probably guessed the idea of these cupcakes by now though.
7. Frost your cupcake with the blue frosting. You need to try to make a flat surface so you can put the Moana symbol on it.
8. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the cupcake. You don’t want to cover the cupcake but at least fill the middle part. Press down on the crumbs a little to make sure they stay.
9. Place the remaining white vanilla icing in a piping bag. Create the Moana symbol over the graham cracker crumbs.
10. The recipe says to add an edible flower on top but I did not have any when I made the cupcakes. Do people just keep edible flowers in their cupboards? Do people do that?
Happy Baking Everyone!
2 thoughts on “Moana Cupcake”
these cupcakes look good, my daughter loves Moana.
Sometimes the simplest cupcakes are the coolest.